Skip to main content

Monday, WOW a true rest day

BIG BIG thanks to my daughter who slept in until 9:30.  It really helps to "rest" when you have an extra hour to just lay in bed and relax.

Yesterday for cross training, my supportive triathlete (hopefully future ironman) hubby biked with me and my daughter for 30 minutes around the neighborhood.  The weather is has been pretty mild for August in Chicago, so I am really taking advantage of being outdoors.

This past Saturday was my long run, a big whopping 5 miles.  Whoopee, I did it though.  I was very discouraged in the first mile.  My knee had a slight throbbing pain, it was getting a bit hotter and running outside scares me in the fact that I might run out of water.  All was well after that first mile, which is usually my problem.  I have to mentally get myself through it and then all is well.  I did it in an hour and 5 min.  Just a bit over a 12 min. pace which isn't too shabby for someone who has been in physical therapy for the last 4 months.

Tomorrow is another three miles.  Looks like it's going to warm up, so I will just treadmill it at home.  Big thanks to my daughter who also sleeps 3 hours during the day.  She's really growing!!

Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ProLon FMD Fasting time

I am a junkie .. a cleanse junkie.  The idea of not eating the junk processed, over salted, over fried, too much of anything appeals to me very much.  Now with studies showing intermittent fasting is on the trend and can be good for you, why not try it?  I have tried a few cleanses over time so I feel like I can talk about them, and how I felt and which ones I would do again.  This is my first "fast" though. Salt ~ Lemonade ~ Cayenne Pepper Cleanse This cleanse is hardcore and I at my age and where I am at in life would not do it again.  You down SALTY water first thing in the morning which almost immediately follows with a trip to the bathroom since it runs straight through your system.  You drink the lemonade cayenne pepper drink all day and a laxative tea at night.  You do this for several days.  Supposedly it helps clear out your colon.  Which I can see ... around day 5 there were still some solids which I had to idea where they were coming from seeing as I was only

Holidays .. dont' forget about YOU Mommy!!

The holidays are just around the corner ... so many things come to mind .. who is hosting, what do I make, my holiday list is how long again, and they want WHHAAT!!  UGH ... what about you Mommy, where are you on this list, where are you on the list of priorities?  My husband works pretty crazy hours, I have dubbed myself a "Single, not Single Parent" ... I don't have to worry about how to pay the bills and keep a roof over my family's head, but I do have to make sure my girls are well taken care of.  Thankfully my village of sanity includes my awesome parents that give me a hand pretty often.  I digress ... so how do I find time for myself? Number 1 - Exercise - Yes!  Love me some FIT4MOM, but right now with my 3 year old's schedule, I can't make any classes .. so my second LOVE of exercise life .. Burn Boot Camp.  Membership comes with childcare and thankfully my 3 year old loves it in there and runs in with excitement to play with the different toys.  I

New mom ... find your new workout tribe!

One word .. FIT4MOM !! Fit4Mom has workouts for every stage of motherhood from being pregnant to wanting to get back that killer bod (or at least lose a few pounds and then some ;)  ) There is prenatal fitness classes called FIt4Baby ... studies have shown how beneficial it is to workout out while pregnant (with your doctors permission of course).  There classes are a great workout plus you get to meet other women on the same journey as you are. After you have that cute bundle of joy, there is Stroller Strides or Stroller Barre.  Both classes enable you to bring your baby, both classes keep you and that baby moving so that they aren't stationary (and we moms know how babies like to feel movement) and it also incorporates singing and keeping your baby entertained while you get a fantastic workout.  Stroller Strides is more cardio and strength while Stroller Barre is more toning, posture and alignment.  Best part of class is that there are playgroups where the playgroup capta